Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pierce's Day

Happy Birthday Pierce

This year has gone by so fast. I can't believe my little guy is a year old. He is the funniest kid and his goofy faces make me laugh every day. It has been such a wonderful experience having Pierce in our home, he has made our lives so much better. What a blessing he is. As you can see Derek is making sure he cheers for the right team.

Pierce's basketball cake. The boy absolutely loves balls. They are about the only things he will play with and other than, "ma" the only word he will say.




He completely demolished his cake. He loved every minute of it and when I finally took it away he wasn't very happy.


We feel so lucky to have our family live close by especially for occasions like this. We are very blessed to have so many people around our kids who love them.


This is my attempt at a birthday cake. It isn't perfect, and I'm not sure if the bottom every did look like a net, but it was really fun to see how excited he got over his ball cake.
It was a very rewarding and stressful cake, I am not sure why I attempt to make things like this.



For the day of Pierce's birthday we had Pierce's favorite dinner, Mac & Cheese and we had cake as a family. Pierce was so excited for his cake, he just kept saying, "ball, ball, ball". (I made a mock up of the basketball on his cake for practice).

4 comments:

  1. That first picture of him is SO cute! AWESOME job on the cake! I never would have thought to have it going through a hoop! That is very cool! You should be proud. Remember when we had babies on the same day, and a few days later you guys brought our family dinner?!?! You're exalted just for that,you know, you don't even have to try anymore! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a cute little boy! I love the little jersey and tennis shoes! Great job on the cake! I made a cake using star tips when Camden turned one....lets just say that was the last one I have ever made! It is a ton of work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! The cake was impressive! I think that you should hire out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a handsome boy! I can't believe he is one already! Can't they just stop growing, just for a few months? He is getting so grown up. I can't see any baby in him anymore!

    ReplyDelete