Monday, April 11, 2011

It's A Girl!

There is absolutely NOTHING like getting an ultrasound! I am always completely nervous the night before. Are they healthy? Any problems? I haven't felt the baby move yet, is it ok? And then add the suspense of finding out if a little boy or girl is in our future! I was up tossing and turning most of the night, plus as an added bonus, my sister Stephanie called about 1:30 am to tell me she was in labor! So add nervous excitement onto nervous excitement. Derek and I drove the 45 minutes to the hospital and by baby #3 I think my nervousness is an annoying joke to him! I would ask him for the millionth time if he thought everything was going to be ok, and he would look over at me and say, "It's fine, stop worrying." The inevitable next question was, "Do you think it will be a boy or girl?" His response was always, "It's a girl." At my ultrasound at 12 weeks, the sonographer was having a hard time getting the right pictures so she asked me to drink some more water. This time I didn't want to have any problems, so a chocolate milk and two water bottles later we waltzed into the office. I thought I was going to burst! Luckily after a few quick measurements the sonographer took pity on me and let me use the restroom. The rest of the ultrasound was much more relaxing!!

The first shot the sonographer got was this one below. It was amazing. I knew she was a girl. She has been in my dreams so many times! I kept my composure for a while, but once her initial measurements were taken and I was in the restroom, I couldn't help but sob. I know she is meant to come to our family.
I got a huge box of Golden Grahams and wrote the letters GIRL and BO on some of the cereal. That evening the kids got to dump out a whole box of cereal and search through it to find out if they were having a brother or sister.
Pierce's response was, "Wahoo!" and Allee said, "I knew it would be a girl!"

They were both very excited. We all sat on the couch and Derek explained our ultrasound pictures to them. It was an awesome moment for our family, and we are so excited for our new daughter!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It was so fun to read about this! I didn't know you worry! ;) Tell DC that my worrying dwarfs yours and he should be thankful. His wife is relatively calm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the ultrasound - there just isn't anything like it to cause so much joy and anxiety! Congrats on your little girl - and what a cute way to tell the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy! I am so happy for you guy's! I hope your feeling well and that everything goes great till she's here. By the ultra sound pics I can tell she'll be beautiful. By the way...I love how you told your kids. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little girls are the best! So happy for you to add another one to your cute family! I'm the same way about ultrasounds-I get all freaky the night before worrying about something being wrong. It gets worse with every pregnancy for me! Nate thinks I'm looney tunes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! That is so exciting. I am right there with you on the nerves. Ultrasounds totally stress me out. Delivery day is even worse! I thought it would get easier, but with #4 I was a complete basket case:) Good luck with the next few months...can't wait to see this sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Allee is going to be such a good big sister, and I am sure Pierce will be a good big brother! I am so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay... congrats on a happy healthy little girl!! So exciting. And she will be here before you know it!! (and have no fears about the worrying - based on what read above, I think those that DON'T worry are in the minority. I was a complete mess, not only the night before, but like the whole week before!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited to meet this little girl. I am also glad she is healthy. Hang in there Amy we love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete