Thursday, March 1, 2012

Valentines






I am really loving our Valentine's tradition with the kids.  Our candlelight dinner is always such a treat for the kids!  This year we made strawberry angel food cake skewers which were the hit of the evening. 
Pierce got a new mini Nerf gun, Layla got a new book, and Allee got a new shirt.  The kiddos gave Derek some Mizzou shorts and the kids each gave me a rose and told me why they love me, this part cracked me up.
Pierce: I love you because you give me hugs.  (Such a sweet little guy!)
Allee:  I love you because you cook dinner.  (Aaahh yes because THAT is the best she could come up with!)
After dinner we went to Derek's volleyball game.  I use to go crazy because we never had a date night, and some days I still long for time just Derek and I, but as the kids grow I am realizing how fast they are growing and before long they won't want anything to do with us.  So, for now I am enjoying our family time.  Date nights will come back, but we only have a little time with our kiddos being kids.

1 comment:

  1. I totally get what you are talking about with Date Nights! We find that when we do decide to do something with just the two of us, we end up talking about the kids anyway, so why not just have them with us and enjoy them ;)

    ReplyDelete