Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentines Day

Valentines day was interesting this year. I had to take Christy back to the airport early in the morning, so we got up at about 4:30. We absolutely loved having her and hated to see her go. Due to my poor planning she was not at the airport 30 minutes prior to her flight leaving and even though it wasn't even boarding yet, they wouldn't let her on the plane. We drove the hour and a half back to Clinton and I rushed to get ready for church. I had to teach Primary and Relief Society which was stressful to say the least! After church we worked on the phone and got Christy a flight back to Salt Lake at 6:15. This time we were plenty early and I finally got back home around 6. Two three hour round trip airport runs and church had taken it all out of me. When Allee and I got back Derek and Pierce had the table set with candles and they were dressed up. Each of the kids had a wrapped gift and Derek got me a card. It was a wonderful surprise! I am so lucky to have him and I love him so much.
Allee got High School Musical. She is really into it all of the sudden, and it is fun to hear her sing the songs and quote the movie while she is in the shower.
Pierce got apple juice, the Crayola twist up crayons (so he can't break them), and Mickey Mouse and Handy Manny coloring books.
We had leftovers, because lets face it, I wasn't going to cook, and we were able to actually enjoy the rest of our evening.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to be with your sister! Sorry about the chaos- but it will just make a good story one day! Actually, pretty good story even now! :) Looks like a pretty great Valentine's day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like quite the day! How do you teach Primary and RS in ONE day??? Crazy! Love that Derek took such great care of you guys though on Valentines!

    I'm SUCH a slacker - with our trip and all the chaos going on, I totally forgot to tell you how much Miles LOVED getting Allie's card in the mail. That was SOOOOOO nice of you guys to think of him and seriously meant so much to him!

    ReplyDelete