Thursday, October 21, 2010

10 Years

Ten years ago yesterday I was privileged enough to be marrying my best friend. I remember seeing him for the first time that cold morning and thinking,
"I really get to marry him?!"
That day went by so quickly. I barely remember what was said. I had to think really hard about whether or not our cake had raspberry filling.
But, I can remember perfectly clear, looking into his eyes as we were being sealed and feeling safe, warm, and loved. I always knew that I was going to love him forever, I just didn't realize at that time how MUCH I would love him forever.
10 years later I still get that warm feeling when he walks in the door from work. I still get excited when we go on dates. And I am so excited that I am the person who gets to love him forever.
Now, onto the fun part of our anniversary!
This is the package my present came in!
I never thought I would be the type of girl who wanted a present that came in one of those famous blue boxes, but guess what?? Now that I have received one, I totally am!
It was so beautiful, I didn't even want to open it.
I love, love, love my present. It is beautiful. In the light it sparkles like it is filled with hundreds of little diamonds. In practicality it is flexible sterling silver and the coolest ring I have ever seen.


Thanks for 10 amazing years my love.

3 comments:

  1. Awe... what a beautiful post!! Not to mention that beautiful little box you recieved with the beautiful ring in it (way to go, Derek!)

    Congratulations on 10 years.... and we wish you many more years in the future!!

    Happy Anniversary you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you two sure look way too young to be getting married!!! And I can't believe that you would even question whether or not you had raspberry filling...YOU ARE MARRIED TO DEREK!
    Congrats again and I am still waiting for you to tell me when I can borrow it!!
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all fluttery over this post. :) ...And I think I just instantly turned into one of those girls that eventually needs to receive something in one of those beautiful blue boxes. You do have quite a catch! Someone who is classy enough to buy you THAT gift, but also goofy enough to know all of the words to Willy Wonka songs! haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete