Saturday, February 19, 2011

Valentines


Our traditional Valentines dinner had it's up's and down's this year. Poor Pierce was sick all day with a fever and just didn't really feel like doing anything. He laid around and watched Mickey and Curious George, sleeping on and off. His fever reached 105 at a point, and he had me really nervous, but thank heaven for ibuprofen, and hour later his temp was around 100.
Allee had a fantastic day at school and I was able to go and help out with her class Valentine party. We played games with balloons, stacked conversation hearts, made a flower craft, and decorated cupcakes. I love going into her classroom and seeing how she acts and interacts with others. She is such a sweet girl.
My adventure this year was trying to make the kids Valentine shirts. Allee's said LOVE with sequins around the heart shaped O, and Pierce's had a big heart and then said BREAKER. They looked adorable and it was SO easy. Now they may need shirts for St. Patrick's Day.
That evening we had a candle light dinner of spaghetti, salad, garlic bread, and sparkling cider. I thought it was too easy of a dinner, and not nearly fancy enough, but spaghetti is one of those go to meals that I know the kids will always eat, and that makes dinner much more enjoyable for everyone if I am not bugging them to eat!
Every year I love to see their faces light up when we light the candles and turn off the lights, it never gets old. Derek and I gave the kids each some new Valentine books, Pierce got a new Curious George DVD, and Allee got a Mulan barbie.
I love my family so much, and I love having this time of year to not only celebrate the love Derek and I have for each other, but the love we have as a family.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun tradition to have on Valentine's Day!! And spaghetti sounds like a perfect dinner to eat by candle light... easy for mom to make and you can't see how much of a mess the kids are making until AFTER the dinner ;o)

    ReplyDelete