Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Little One

The time has come to introduce Carlsen baby #3 to the world. We are beyond thrilled to be welcoming another little one into our home.
Currently I am 15 weeks along, and we will be finding out if a little brother or sister is in our future in 2 1/2 weeks. The due date is September 9, 2011.


Ultrasound pictures at 12 weeks. Early ultrasounds aren't common here, but because of Pierce's history our doctor ordered one just to see how this little one is growing, and we were thrilled to have the chance to see this baby.

From about weeks 6-10 I was pretty nauseous in the evenings, in fact after dinner the couch was my best friend until bed time. I never get very sick though and I feel very blessed for that!

We told Allee and Pierce on Valentines day, and Allee was excited, but Pierce really didn't understand. As we have talked about it more and more, and finally told everyone I think he is catching on. Today he was climbing over my legs and leaned into my belly and said, "Hi baby, I am your brother."

We asked both kids if they wanted a brother or a sister, and they both replied brother. Allee's reasoning cracked me up though. She said if it was a brother then the girls would always win when we race to buckle into the car! Love how that little mind works!

Welcome new little Carlsen! We are so excited to meet you!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Amy! What exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! So excited for your family (as I've told you already). If you need anything let me know - we, (and our growing bellies) can work on things together ;o) Can't wait to hear and read more about you, Baby Carlsen #3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy and Derek CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you guys, you are awesome parents and that little one is so blessed to come into such an awesome family! I think we should take another trip somewhere fun after this little one is born and I will watch all 7 kids while you guys go out, that'd be lots of fun and you will need a break by then and I am sure Shanelle would love one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AGH! SOOO excited for you guys!!! I love what Pierce said to baby, and Allee's reasoning on why it should be a boy is hilarious! I'll have to email you now! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting!!! Congrats! I can't wait to hear what you're having...

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictured are easier to see then the ones on Skype. I am so excited. I also love hearing about how the kids react. I love being a Gra and you are such great parents. See you soon. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you Amy!!!! Your going to love having three:) I can't wait to see what your having!

    ReplyDelete