Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Impatient

I am officially 38 1/2 weeks and more impatient about this little girls arrival than I ever thought I would be.  I don't know if it is just the logistics of pawning off our other two or what, but I am on pins and needles wondering when things are going to start happening.  Perhaps it is the fact that I have been induced with my other two.  Maybe it is the worry that I won't know labor when it hits.  I really can't put my finger on it, but none the less I am IMPATIENT
The thing I keep reminding myself is
1.  Newborns don't sleep, and I REALLY like sleep.
2. She doesn't make any noise in my tummy.
3. I love to feel those kicks and squirms, it is the best part of being pregnant
4. I have two amazing kids, and what is my life going to be like throwing another into the mix.  I only have 2 hands!
And yet, here I am thinking about labor, wondering if my doc will induce me next week just so I can stop driving myself crazy, and most of all getting excited to see, smell, hold, and snuggle this new little girl.

2 comments:

  1. Awe Amy... I know just what you are talking about. I was exactly the same with with our 3rd and wasn't that way with Ethan or Trevor. Maybe it's "a 3rd" thing. Hang in there. Soon enough you will meet that sweet little girl. I can't wait to meet the newest addition to your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was CRAZY impatient about Stella's arrival...and more nervous than ever before. It's a weird thing!! I am soooooo excited to hear of this little girls appearance...you better keep us informed on FB or something! Good luck with the last few days and enjoy life as you know it before everything changes!

    ReplyDelete