Sunday, October 25, 2009

Moving

Well, here I go with my first post since the big move. It has been a crazy week full of up's and down's. I thought I'd just share a few.
Up: I finished the Halloween costumes in time. Aurora and a fireman, what could be cuter?
Down: Saying goodbye to our kids rooms. There are so many wonderful memories that were made in these rooms, and it was really difficult for me to leave them, OK let's be honest, I had a couple of major breakdowns during the packing and moving process.



Down: Obviously saying goodbye to our family. Just before we left we had a great time playing in the leaves at my parents house. We have been very blessed to have them around so much, and I don't quite know how we are going to adjust without them.

Trees. When our kids were born we planted trees for them, Allee has an Autumn Blaze Maple which turns this vibrant color in the fall, when she was born.

Pierce's tree is a Deborah Maple and gets yellow flowers in the Spring, the season he was born in. The leaves become a deep green in the summertime and in the fall they turn this beautiful golden yellow. I just hope the new homeowners love these trees as much as I have. I told Derek we will definately be planting these same trees in every home we live in.

Up: The kids are adjusting better than I thought they would. This morning Allee and Pierce played this game for 20 minutes while Derek and I were downstairs unpacking a few more boxes. I never noticed how well they play together. Pierce is copying everything Allee does and The way he has changed in a week is remarkable to me (or maybe I was just too busy with my own things to notice it).

The fun of an unfurnished house. The first morning we woke up here was quite an adventure. The kids slept on the floor and Derek and I on a blow up mattress. Breakfast was on the dining room floor with plastic bowls and spoons. The kids had fun just running all over and being crazy, I could let them and not worry because there was absolutely nothing they could hurt!

The biggest up, is that we are all together. I am very blessed to have these three and I know that through this move we will be stronger. I trust Heavenly Father that we will have all we need and there is something He wants us to learn here in Missouri, I am just not sure what it is yet.

7 comments:

  1. Sniff. I miss you guys! The Halloween costumes look AMAZING! I love your blog background, and I LOVE the wood floors in your new house! I'm happy you guys are all together! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I got a bit choked up about the rooms and the trees. I know how much those trees meant to you guys! I am so glad that you posted. You have definitely been missed! I have been thinking about you guys a lot this week. Make sure that you keep us posted and send pictures of your beautiful new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you are settling in! I feel bad I didn't get a chance to come and say good-bye! You will be missed! Good luck getting adjusted. I'm glad I can keep reading your blog to see your cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are going to miss you guys. We didn't make it over to say good-bye. We wish you the best of luck in your new adventure. Thank heavens for blogs so we can keep tabs on you guys!!! Go BEARS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will make sure those new homeowners take excellent care of the trees!

    It is so weird to look out and see your empty house. . . you are definitely missed in our little backyard. I love the cute picture of your family eating on the hardwood. So glad to see an update!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are great! Miss you lots and lots! We'll keep an eye on the house, too! Love ya! Thanks for FINALLY updating (no excuses!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Amy... Glad to see that there are some "ups" during your move! It's tough - I know - but it will get better. And you will become a stonger & closer family because of the move - That is the one thing I have learned with our 2 moves... See you soon.

    ReplyDelete