Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

This is one of our favorite traditions, our annual pumpkin carving. I love the looks on the kids' faces when they dig their hands into the gooey mess, it is priceless.
This was Pierce's first year that he willingly participated. At first he just pulled faces and enjoyed putting the lid on and off, but after a few minutes he really got into it.
For Pierce's pumpkin we did a Mickey Mouse. He is SO into Mickey. He really loves it and every time he sees it he yells Mi Mo.


Allee, our sweet princess chose Princess Aurora. She is going to be Aurora for Halloween and thought her pumpkin should match what she was going to be.
Isn't it amazing what templates on the computer can to? I love it because neither Derek or I are artistic, but every year we seem to get a little better at taping the paper on the pumpkin and slowly tracing the lines with a nail. I think these are our best work yet, and the kids get excited to see their own pumpkin.







2 comments:

  1. Oh my heck! I am SO impressed! Those look awesome, and I can't believe Pierce participated. Maybe I should've gone there with D-Rock. (The MESS would make for another spooky Halloween story though!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Pierce grow since you left? I swear he looks so grown up in these pictures. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete