Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Princess and the Fire Man

Happy Halloween!
This year trick or treating was quite an experience. We have never been away from home and we didn't know quite what we would do. Thankfully the Heck's invited us to go trick or treating with them. ( Thanks Angie for being proactive).
We met together after dinner and went around their neighborhood. We had a great time talking and Allee was glad to have someone to go knock on doors with, she was much less timid than she would have been with just Derek and I. We went around for about an hour and by then the kids were getting tired and cold. It was so great to have someone to go with, the kids had friends and Derek and I had friends to visit with as well.

Allee the ever beautiful Aurora. I think this is my favorite costume EVER. Allee looked so beautiful in all the pink and she was really fun this year, she even said trick or treat AND thank you at most of the houses, and if you know Allee when she gets in a new situation, that is a major milestone.
Pierce was really funny this year. He would walk up to the doors, and if you tried to carry him he would just squirm and say, "walk". He would march right up to the door and say "treat-me", quickly grab as many treats as allowed, and most times a few extras before I could grab his hand, turn and look for the next house. I couldn't help but laugh a little at each house at his reaction. When we got home he went through his pumpkin and as he picked up each piece he would say either, "candy, or M&M". I can't believe how much he has changed since we moved.
We really missed going around to our family and friends and seeing everyone we loved, but all in all it was a good Halloween and we really appreciate the Heck's for taking us in.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! So the kids are totally adjusting, and I think it even sounds like the move has been good for them. I guess it's meant to be! Their costumes are awesome of course! GOOD JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how adorable your kids are! I am so glad that they had fun! I was worried about them. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete