Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pierce is 2

When did he go from this . . .

to THIS?!
Pierce is such an amazing little guy. He loves to tackle, run, and climb all over everything. His favorite toy is a ball, any ball. He loves Mickey Mouse and Curious George. Whenever you ask him to do something he will hold up his hands and say, "minute more". He loves to copy whatever Allee is doing or saying. He will tell you he is two, and hold up his fingers crossing the middle two. He is the most cuddly kid ever. He will come up to me and give me a hug just because, and whenever I hold him he will give me his tight squeeze and a kiss.
He has brought so much love, laughter, and craziness to our home. We love him more than words can express.
Pierce loves basketball. Every time he sees a hoop he yells out, "basketball Baba". As well as he talks, he still calls Derek Baba. This makes it interesting when we are a little late for church and have to sit below the hoop. All of sacrament meeting he will shout out basketball. We decided he needed a hoop of his own.
He was so excited. Granted he has to stand on the couch to make a basket (we underestimated his height!) Oh well, he will grow into it.
Did I mention he loves Mickey Mouse? That was the theme for his cake this year. Derek came up with the great idea to use Oreo's which was perfect. I think Pierce could eat a bag by himself if we let him.
He was great at blowing out the candles. It only took him a few tries and he was so proud of himself.
Pierce we LOVE you so much and are so happy that you chose to come to our family, we can't imagine our world without you. Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Pierce!! So sorry we didn't get to see you on your birthday, but we'll be sure to give you a great big birthday hug when we see you on Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you lots, Piercer! Wish we could have been there to celebrate. We miss you guys so much! Happy Birthday!

    PS-The cake was super cute, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Pierce had an awesome birthday! Oh my gosh, I keep wishing that D-Rock will get older and easier to handle, but that adorable little baby pic of Pierce is kind of sad. Could it be Mom's right and I'm going to miss these days??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how big he is! He is so dang cute standing there with his basketball! Glad you guys had a fun birthday with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sad that I was not there for your bithday party. I love you Pierce and Allee. Thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete