Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Look Mom, 2 Wheels



Last Wednesday Allee and her best friend Mikiah decided they wanted to learn how to ride their bikes without training wheels. The girls were outside playing while I was cleaning up dinner and when I took Pierce outside Allee had convinced Mikiah's dad to take off her training wheels. Derek was on his way to Young Men's and I figured she would attempt to ride up and down the street once or twice and then we could wait for when Derek could help her. I was wrong!
I held onto her seat for a few minutes and after going up the street twice, she was a pro! Mikiah's family went in for dinner, and since she ate with us that night (I think these two eat dinner together four of five nights during the week!) she asked if I would help her. It took her a couple more times up and down the road, and then they were off!
These two may as well be twins. They love to dress the same, and after Kiah gets done with school she will come over and ask me to do her hair to match Allee's. The other night we went to ice cream and we were asked if they were twins. They are so silly, and the perfect match for each other.
Now these two little blondies are all over the neighborhood. They have no fear! They ride all over lawns, up and down driveways and hills, and it has only been a week!
I guess Allee was ready for 2 wheels.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Allee!!! I'm so glad she found such a great new friend. Make's life so much better for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun... 2 wheels and a great friend to share the excitement with! Sounds like she is enjoying time with her neighbor - that makes the life of a 5 year old so much better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My blog just barely updated my list of most recent blog posts. Boo! :) It's great to see what you guys are up to! Good job Allee! (I'll email you soon!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allee, Wow! You are getting so big. I am so glad that you have found a friend that you can do everything with. I cann't beleave all of the things that you are able to do. Love Gra

    ReplyDelete