Friday, September 6, 2013

Back to School

Yep. . . .  I officially feel old.  Allee started third grade and Pierce is off to all day Kindergarten.  That leaves just Layla and I together.  
Allee knew exactly what she wanted to wear for the first day of school for over a month.  The only problem, white denim jackets were hard to come by.  I finally found in in the juniors size and we made it work!  It came just two days before school started.  She was totally rockin for the first day and I love to see her so confident!
Pierce was a little easier.  As long as it wasn't a button up shirt he was happy.  Alas he didn't tell me about this new found dislike for button-ups until AFTER school shopping, and I merrily bought him 4 because they look so darn cute on him.  I am hoping I can persuade him to wear at least one or two before they don't fit him anymore!!  Kindergarten was a little tough for him at first.  It wasn't being away or anything he struggled with kids on the playground.  Poor kid woke up with nightmares for three nights and when he finally told me what was wrong he said some kids wouldn't stop chasing him so he finally just stood in the cornor of the playground.  Totally broke my heart!!  Luckily he has adapted and learned to stand up for himself and now school is AWESOME.  
Layla is loving running the house. I can just listen to her chatter nonstop. It is really a blessing to have this one on one time with her and I love the opportunity I have to give her the attention she sometimes misses out on when everyone is home.






1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness....they are changing so much! Everyone is getting too big, aren't they? S glad you are enjoying the 1 on 1 time with Layla! I am the same way with Cooper, too! So much nicer to concentrate on one child rather than wondering what the other ones are up to all the time! Say hello to everyone for us...miss seeing you guys around...

    ReplyDelete